[thelist] Request for Site Critique - glasshaus

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Mar 5 09:35:01 CST 2002

On 07:35 AM 3/5/2002, Chris Mills said to me:
>http://www.glasshaus.com/test
>
>The main things I am looking for are firstly usability/accessibility issues
>- we have run it through bobby, and made any necessary changes, and had a
>hard think about usability...we have used CSS properties to place the
>sections, rather than tables...
>
>Also, are there any other improvements you could suggest? Cross-browser wise
>it seems great in Moz, Netscape 6 and IE. Netscape 4.X/Opera seem to do
>funny things to the CSS in places, but are otherwise ok functionality wise.
>It even looks ok in Lynx... ;-)

The biggest thing I see is that while it looks great that you used relative
font sizes, by fixing the height of the tables on the main page, you get
lots of overlapping text when you increase the font size.

Try it: go there and hit Ctrl-Scroll Wheel (or go the View Menu and hit
Text Size or Text Zoom, depending on browser).

That would be something key for accessibility.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

     If you save the world too often, it begins to expect it.