[thelist] developer ethics?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Wed Mar 6 02:43:00 CST 2002

>>Not necessarily. I know that E=MC2. I have no idea what it means thought.
>
>think about what you're saying; 'it indicates some knowledge' and you reply,
>'i know' this or that. SOME knowledge, not complete knowledge.

Thank you. Clarification. I've heard the expression E=MC2, but I
haven't got the first clue as to what practical application this
ephemeral bit may have. The fact is that I don't 'know' it. I've met
many a people who claim to 'know' html because they've read an
article on it once. In this case, there is absolutely no knowledge of
practical value.

Seems to me the only workable solution I can think of at the moment
is this: The evangelization of a certain way of looking at our
profession, and the support of group[s] of people in achieving the
desired result. In fact, what needs to happen is some sort of
movement, or 'religion' of acceptable practices for our metier, and a
way of transmitting it to web-worker and web-client alike.

I would say that organizations like w3c, evolt, ala and wasp are
doing the only thing that can be done at the moment: we educate the
professionals. The next step would be to evangelize and market to the
non-pros. We need a Ralph Nader for the web! Anyone one here good
looking and well spoken enough to take on the role? <g>

--

Our best destiny, as planetary cohabitants, is the development
of what has been called "species consciousness" - something over

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com