[thelist] escaping { and } in XSL

Jason Bauer jbauer at mtu.edu
Wed Mar 6 14:08:00 CST 2002

At 12:16 PM 3/6/02 -0500, you wrote:
>i have an XSL page that writes some JS functions, but the way the
>JS functions are written, it's causing the XSL parser to think they
>are variables, and therefore blows up...
>
>how does one escape { and } in XSL?

I've never had a problem with the brackets in XSL before, perhaps there is
something else in your JavaScript that the parser isn't liking. The only
things you should need to escape are < (&lt;) > (&gt;) and & (&amp;)

If you've got all of that taken care of and it still doesn't work, you
could always put the javascript in <xsl:text></xsl:text> tags so it isn't
parsed...

--
Jason Bauer
jbauer at mtu.edu