[thelist] extracting an image from a word doc for a website

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Wed Mar 6 20:55:01 CST 2002

Lisa,

One final option .. that hasn't yet been mentioned, is to copy and past the
file into Microsoft's Photo Editor... if you have it.  Came with my Office
2K CD, but requires its own install.  It does a pretty good job .. I usually
save it as a high quality jpg or bmp to pull into my graphics software
choice of the day.  It's an extra step then pasting directly into PS or FW
(or Corel), but I found the quality to be more consistent, and it maintains
the colours better for vector-created images.  (And MS's photo editor isn't
a memory hog like some other programs ;)

HTH,

Michele