[thelist] Hiermenus (licensing)

Michael Galvin michael at sourcedesign.ie
Thu Mar 7 06:24:00 CST 2002

I never saw anything before about HM being licensed or free for personal use
or anything.  The weird thing is that you can still download the source from
the site for free (or I assume you can - there are links to the .js source
files).

I'd be interested in knowing how they are going to stop present users from
using it for free, though.  I guess they could do a web search for their
'hierarrays.js' script, assuming people with large enough sites (the ones
they would want to be paid for) are not going to go through each page on the
site, renaming it.

It's just a peculiar way to go about it: now if only the boss would give me
a week to do my own, we'd be in clover.

--
Michael Galvin
source visual thinking