[thelist] Non liquid sites, Layer disadvantage?

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Mar 7 09:49:01 CST 2002

I'm learning about layers now,

Recently I had been told that users expect a site to change and flow as
there browser windows are reduced or expanded, I know that tables will do
this no problem <table width="100%"></table>.  But I came across this site
http://www.twinshelp.com/ that really doesn't do either in MSIE 5.5 PC
WINNT, I looked at the source code and for the most part it's layers
controlled by CSS.

Is using layers a disadvantage to how the site flows to a reduced or
expanding browser window? or is it the DHTML that makes the difference in
how the layers flow. By flow I mean moving with the browser resize.

Also, looking at this site in Netscape 6.2

The layers are displaced somewhat, I assume this is how Netscape deals with
layers?

Bob

---