[thelist] character set word -> ascii

Eric Vitiello evolt at perceive.net
Thu Mar 7 12:20:00 CST 2002

-- m u i n a r [Thu, 07 Mar 2002 19:13:54 -0800]:
>I didn't make that clear enough: It *should* insert line breaks, but
>they came out as =0D on the other end (on the recipient's email
>system).
>
>At 12:53 07.03.02 -0500, you wrote:
>>>What confuses me: The HMTL form itself has inserted the line
>>>breaks.
>>>I used wrap="hard" for this in the text area. The newsletter is
>>>then
>>>stored in the database and retrieved from there by another file,
>>>which sends the newsletter out. This file has a preview, and in
>>>this
>>>preview everything looked perfect!
>>
>>if you use wrap="hard" it WILL insert line breaks.  That's what it's
>>supposed to do.

AHH.  I would remove the MIME header.  I think it may be confusing their email programs.  0D is the hex value of a carriage return.

if that doesn't work, remove all excess headers, and see if that fixes it.  if it does, add them back in one at a time until you find which one is messing ti up.  you might also have your program output the full message, headers and all to a text file or some other output so you can see exactly what is being sent to the mail server.

---
Eric Vitiello
Perceive Designs
<www.perceive.net>