Evolt Hiermenus? (was Re: [thelist] Hiermenus is licensed now?)

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Thu Mar 7 13:57:03 CST 2002

On Mar 7, rudy had something to say about Re: Evolt Hiermenus? (was Re:...

>>> wouldn't a Flash or Java
>>> approach be more suitable than a DHTML ?
>>
>>no
>
>i'm sorry, that was unnecessarily abrupt and (dare i say it?) rude

heh. that was (dare i say it?) clever.  :)

>i should have said "no, thank you"
>
>Flash and Java might work nicely for hiermenu-type navigation but each has
>usability issues that we probably don't want to have on the evolt site

i think they're talking just about a bunch of evolters getting together
and developing a freeware version hiermenues-type deal. it's one thing if
we're gonna use it as an alternative navigation system for evolt (which
we're not), but if we're just making available a hiermenus-like solution,
it wouldn't hurt to have a flash alternative.

but not a java applet. those are just evil.

heh.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com