[thelist] IE6 / page loading

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Thu Mar 7 14:34:01 CST 2002

>So... does this sound familiar to anyone? Why in the heck is my browser
>being so anal. If it has a problem with the HTML, it should say as much.

I've *so* been there. Spent most of a week and an entire weekend
trying to voodoo win I.E. into behaving. (read: if a form is
submitted, it fails, click back, fill out the form, and submit it
again, it works! tears, wailing, gnashing of teeth.)

Tell me, are these SSL pages? I.E. 6 was randomly freaking out with
forms and SSL v.3 on that client's site. By downgrading all secure
connections to SSL v.2 at the server end everything worked fine. You
can check whether this will help in your case by turning off SSL 3
support in IE 6's preferences. If the problems go away then that's
your sucker... :-) There are also problems with earlier IE browsers
and HTTP 1.1, but that seems to have been fixed by version 6 of IE;
at least, forcing HTTP 1.0 for IE browsers didn't affect the problem
in any noticeable way.

I posted the apache directives for the SSL downgrade to the list at
the time (about a month back).

Cheers
Andrew

--