[thelist] Is Java dead ? (was Evolt Hiermenus?)

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Thu Mar 7 21:20:15 CST 2002

Afaiac,
   I think Java is well suited for writing Applications, not necessarily
great for Applets (of course, unless you do a really good job ala Yahoo!
Games -- my fav. is Pool). Currently, I am working on a Java application
that downloads information from the internet and plugs it into third party
software. I found that it was much easier to do the task in Java since it
provides built in functionality -- and imo, is a little more easy to code
than VC++. I have coded in both, and they each are suited to different tasks.

Just my $0.02
Burhan