[thelist] Valid code for Flash & Evolt Heirmenus

boltonmedia.server mark at boltonmedia.com
Thu Mar 7 22:54:01 CST 2002

Hi list
I think I have been lurking for long enough

(1) Valid code for Flash

I have a client whom not only wants valid xhtml code but also wants a small flash movie in their page.

Running the page through the W3C validator on file up load I get a valid page as I have put the Flash in a virtual include just for validation,
what I want to know is if there is any way to include a flash animation in a page and still get validation from the W3C Validator

(Note that currently I have put a disclaimer on the W3C xhtml logo)

Sample Page at
http://www.boltonmedia.com/dage_group/index_trial1.shtml

(2) Evolt Heirmenus

On the same page is a DHTML Heirmenu, it works in most browsers except NS4 because for it to work in NS4 the coding requires depreciated tag usage, this is a simple script and has so many uses, could be the basis for an evolt heirmenu system?

I am working on a developers area on my site for this type of code (using postnuke) I will offer this as a development area for an evolt heirmenu if the requirement is there

Mark Bolton
www.boltonmedia.com
Boltonmedia Consulting and Internet Services