[thelist] Is Java dead ? (was Evolt Hiermenus?)

Olly gnarly at punkass.com
Fri Mar 8 03:46:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "BT Bigpant" <bigpant at btinternet.com>
Subject: [thelist] Is Java dead ? (was Evolt Hiermenus?)

> Sure, it's a bit slow and clunky, but (apart from lack of Microsoft
> support), what is so offensive. I have considered learning Java because of
> it's write-once-read-anywhere philosophy, plus it's superb security
record.
> Is Java really dead ? If so, what will replace it ? .NET (the security
risk
> of the century) ?

I dont think so. TAO's Elate/Intent engine and the new Amiga[1] Digital
Environment (based on Elate/Intent) are Java based multi-platofrm binary
compatible systems - that is if you have Elate or AmigaDE installed on your
machine, be it running Linux on a PS2, Windows on a PC or QNX on a PowerPC,
the same software will run on it - with no need for recompilation or
anything like that. And Microsoft are very interested.

Cheers,

Olly.

[1] Yes, the same Amiga as made the A500, A1200, CD32 etc etc. Well, sort of
anyway :-)
http://www.amiga.com/