[thelist] CSS: div width: 100%

Michael Galvin mgalvin at sourcevisualthinking.ie
Fri Mar 8 06:27:01 CST 2002

I've been messing around with using stylesheets to create liquid content on
my site, and I've hit a strange little problem.  Altho' it's probably
non-standard, I set a div width:80% and it does change the size of the div
as I resize my browser window.  However, for some reason, I get a scrollbar
at the bottom (IE5 Mac), the more narrow the window, the larger the area to
scroll, altho' there is nothing 'over there' to look at.

I was kinda hoping that I could use this instead of <table width=80%> but
with a horizontal scrollbar, it just looks stoopid.

Any help?

--
Michael Galvin
source visual thinking