[thelist] [TIP] Solution: Zero body margin with CSS in NN4.x

Craig Saila crsaila at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 8 15:44:03 CST 2002

Fortune Elkins wrote:
 > on an otherwise empty page in N 4.79 on NT 4 SP4, it doesn't work. i see
 > whitespace guys where you suggest i shouldn't. why? am i doing something
 > wrong? or is there a problem with this "received wisdom"??

You're seeing the whitespace NN4.x puts between most block elements (not
TABLES, ironically), which a different and extremely annoying bug.

To see what I mean, try putting a border around the DIV. You'll see the
border (and thus the DIV) *is* flush with the browser chrome:

  BODY {margin: -10px 0 0 -10px;}
  HTML BODY { margin: 0; padding: 0; }
  #top {
	position: absolute;