[thelist] setting up "localhost"

Ben Heuer ben_heuer at artlover.com
Sun Mar 10 19:07:01 CST 2002

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the response. Sorry for being ignorant, but:

1. How would I allow my firewall to let port 80 be open? I use Zonealarm.

2. How would I know the IP "outside my DSL"?

3. WHat is the DNS hosting service?

I am using my personal PC. With my dialup, whenever I logged in, I would get a dynamically allocated IP Address, but I could give that to my friends and they could see my Apache. With Broadband, how should I do that?

Thanks for your help!
::Ben