[thelist] moving server

Joxn joxn at vernum.com
Mon Mar 11 10:33:01 CST 2002

Hi list,
just heard today that we have to move our server sooner or later. If we
are unlucky within a few days, otherwise I've got a couple of weeks.

It's a Red Hat box and so far, I've not been running the DNS. We host
just 20 Domains or so. You see it's more like a small box.
However, it's the only mailserver for a couple of guys and I want to
limit the downtime as much as possible.

I've never had to move a server. What do I have to do to make things as
smooth as possible?

My list consists of updating the domain names and making backups. What
do I forget? Any tips?

TIA,
bye Joxn
--