[thelist] AOL switching to Netscape

Jon Hall jonhall at ozline.net
Mon Mar 11 22:45:01 CST 2002

Morgan Kelsey wrote:
> fact:
> AOL launched the fore-mentioned-in-this-thread-pile-of-crap called netscape
> 6 on April 5, 2000.

True. I'm sure you notice that April 5, 2000 was two years ago also.

> fact:
> AOL's contract with microsoft ended in January, 2001.

...and has not been renewed. That just supports the fact that AOL is
going to switch.

> fact:
> we're up to netscape 6.2, in March 2002, and it STILL has flaky-at-best
> support for CSS background-images.

This has been fixed, I am not seeing it in 0.9.9 on sites that I've seen
the problem in the past. You will not see this problem in the next
version of Netscape or AOL 8.0.

> opinion:
> the people at AOL that care about *ahem* --the dollar-- certainly won't let
> their customers be molested by any lizard tongues.

Yes and Microsoft is threatening that dollar by making MSN the default
ISP in WIndows XP.

jon