[thelist] AOL switching to Netscape

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 11 22:50:00 CST 2002

morgan, don't forget to trim... mini-rants aren't exempt...

> From: "Morgan Kelsey" <morgan at morgankelsey.com>
>
> fact:
> AOL launched the fore-mentioned-in-this-thread-pile-of-crap called
> netscape 6 on April 5, 2000.

which doesn't mean much, except they have 2 years of other peoples' time
invested in it...

> fact:
> AOL's contract with microsoft ended in January, 2001.

yet they still ship IE... got a link for that fact?

> fact:
> we're up to netscape 6.2, in March 2002, and it STILL has
> flaky-at-best support for CSS background-images.

not quite fact... "flaky-at-best" is opinion... especially since i haven't had any
problems with its support...

> opinion:
> the people at AOL that care about *ahem* --the dollar-- certainly
> won't let their customers be molested by any lizard tongues.

ok, that's just creepy...

none of this, however, questions the potential impending inclusion of N6 in the
AOL package...

and if they do, won't we still have custom bugs to contend with?