[thelist] AOL switching to Netscape

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Tue Mar 12 08:38:01 CST 2002

[snip]
> > fact:
> > AOL's contract with microsoft ended in January, 2001.
> yet they still ship IE... got a link for that fact?

its an interesting game they're playing, microsoft offers to extend, AOL
declines the offer, yet still uses the browser (up til now ;-) )
http://news.com.com/2100-1023-256516.html?legacy=cnet

> > flaky-at-best support for CSS background-images.
> not quite fact... "flaky-at-best" is opinion... especially since i haven't
had any
> problems with its support...

no problems with the non-compliant background-image attribute, but the CSS
version i've had trouble with in 6.0 and 6.1  (haven't debugged it in 6.2
yet)

[snip]
> > won't let their customers be molested by any lizard tongues.
> ok, that's just creepy...
> none of this, however, questions the potential impending inclusion of N6
in the
> AOL package...

also a matter of opinion..... ;-)

> and if they do, won't we still have custom bugs to contend with?

forever and always, i'm sure

morgan