[thelist] RE: Mozilla 0.9.9 is out

Liorean Liorean at user.bip.net
Tue Mar 12 10:53:01 CST 2002

At 11:13 2002-03-12 -0500, Alderson, Russ wrote:
>This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
>this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
>--

>does anyone know of any problems or idiosynchracies that mozilla has with
>linked style sheets?

Only stricter interpretation of recommendations than other browsers. I
would guess your server is at error and returns the stylesheets as
text/plain or application/x-pointplus or something, instead of text/css.

>we are using this method and mozilla is not picking up the styles:

Try them locally - if they do work then, your server is likely at error.
If they on the other hand do work then, try passing the stylesheets and
html docs to the W3C validators. (Especially the CSS one, but some glitches
in css might be caused by html and not css errors).

Of course, the W3C CSS validator catches the content-type error too, but
then you must let it retrieve the stylesheets through the server you put
them on.

If it turns out to be the server that is in error, you have to correct the
settings to return text/css content type on .css files. How to do this
varies depending on what server you're on.
// Liorean