[thelist] Programming language/database suggestions?

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Wed Mar 13 05:16:01 CST 2002

Hi listers -

My cousin has written some utility programs that he wants to sell on the web. He is now thinking of getting his own server on which to host his site. He says, in part:

>I have been studying different web page programming languages (such >as PHP, ASP, JSP, Java, Java Script, etc...) to see which would be the >easiest to learn. Also, I know that I will need some kind of database >server so I have been looking at the various databases that are available >(such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL, etc...). Not all the web >hosting companies offer every platform  that I might need or want, so by >hosting my own site I can choose any platform I want.

Any suggestions that would help him choose?

Best,
Sharon

Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com