[thelist] ASP connection problems

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Wed Mar 13 14:27:00 CST 2002

Hi Gang,

Something is 'wronky' with my machines.  I can't seem to get my local
ASP scripts to 'connect' to an Oracle database sitting on another
server.

I've tried dns-less connections.

I've also set up a dsn (and checked it using Oracle's handy "Oracle ODBC
32-bit Test" utility - where it works just fine).  That didn't work
either.

I checked my TNSNAMES file and things seem to be in order there.

I emailed the ASP page to another developer and it works just fine on
his machine.

Now ... my machine was hit with code red or nimda or something a few
months ago and the tech folks had to come in and work some magic on the
machines.  (I mention this in case it might be relevant.)

Any idea what else I can check?

[I'm getting the "ORA-12545 Connect failed because target host or object
does not exist" error.]

Thanks,

RonL.