[thelist] Centering a table with css

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Thu Mar 14 12:04:01 CST 2002

I'm not much of a designer and I'm not too good with positioning with
CSS. All I'm trying to do is center a table without creating a container
and centering the table within that container.

I tried using text-align and that didn't work. I didn't think it would
work, but according to

http://www.projectcool.com/developer/reference/css_style.html#text

it's not just for the contained elements and
text. But, like i said, it didn't work.

Right now, i'm adding a margin on each side of the table. I don't want to
do that if I don't have to. Here's the page:

http://bhs2002.com/bhs.shtml

obviously, it's in the very early stages.

any help would be much appreciated.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com