[thelist] directory structure

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 16 10:24:01 CST 2002

> From: "George Klingenhoffer" <georgeklingenhoffer at hotmail.com>
>
> I was trying to find, in the archive, what had been said about using
> directory structure instead of just keeping all the pages in the same
> directory.

what exactly are you looking for related to this?  usability benefits?  search
engine results?  implementation benefits?

> Does anyone have an example of a nice implementation of this?

relatively shallow site -- except for the Recreation pages, which are chock-full
of soccer info... note, it is client-maintained...

sample deep page:
http://kenancenter.org/recreation/soccer_club/kenan_house_league/outdoor_pr
ogram/

the directory structure is used to build the breadcrumb nav, too... you can see
how it's done at:

Breadcrumbs for Those Using ASP
http://evolt.org/article/list/17/4438/