[thelist] .php to .html....

Tamara Abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Sat Mar 16 13:59:01 CST 2002

At 12:37 PM 3/16/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>At 01:37 AM 3/17/2002 +0700, you wrote:
>>This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>>--
>>[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
>>.php to .html....
>>
>>Anyone have any clues on how I can do this and not lose my listing?
>>It wont matter on my index page.... But all of my other pages will have to
>>start from scratch I guess....
>>
>>Use .htaccess maybe ?

AddType application/x-httpd-php  .htm .html

Put that line in the .htaccess file in the folder where you want html pages
to run php then you can use php (includes, for example) on html pages.
Saved me from renaming html pages to php which would have been a mess since
the pages were on an existing site.

It does add a bit to the server load, so if these are new pages on a new
site, then don't bother. I don't think viewers care if they're
bookmarking/viewing page.php or page.html

HTH