[thelist] SSI and PHP mutually exclusive?

hpoe evolt at webmediaconception.com
Sun Mar 17 07:39:01 CST 2002

Thanks all for your input!

To answer Nicole's question:

>Any reason you're not simply using the include statement from within your
>PHP code?

I was looking for a way to overcome one of the limitations of a dynamic
templating / CM system in PHP I'm working with. It allows for internal
caching of pages it generates for subsequent page requests - except when
pages contain code that is not written as a plug-in for that system. It
seemed like being able to use SSI's instead of having to write a plug-in
might have been a real time saver :)

Oh well... Gotta go back to my PHP books.

--
Henning Poerschke           http://webmediaconception.com
+49-700-WMCONCEPT        mailto:hp at webmediaconception.com