[thelist] real men code by hand...

Pat Meeks pmeeks at email.msn.com
Sun Mar 17 11:27:01 CST 2002

I've been following this weekend thread and I'd like to better understand
the discussion.

I'm probably going to get killed for asking, but as someone who has coded in
html (but I'm not an expert and have nowhere near the expertise of many list
posters), I would appreciated it if someone could let me know what they mean
when they say "code bloat" and could you post an example of how Dreamweaver
"bloats" code and how it should be done using notepad?

There have been countless debates on this issue, but I think I'm not alone
in wanting more info. What is it that we should be doing to clean up our
html if we are using programs like Dreamweaver?

Many thanks, Pat