[thelist] object and embed tags and XHTML (2nd try)

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Sun Mar 17 17:24:00 CST 2002

Jonathan,

> EMBED has never been part of HTML, and XHTML hates it even more. Any
> recommendations on how to embed a sound file and still keep my pages
valid?

using javascript to write it to the page is one solution, as the validator
wont execute the javascript.
It of course won't work for browsers that don't have javascript, or have it
disabled.

I always feel a little silly doing it that way myself, as it sort of goes
against the purpose of validation and standards altogether.

but such is life.
;-)

nagrom