[thelist] <DL> tag

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 17 19:58:01 CST 2002

> From: Dave <schemer at cyou.com>
>
> Is the Glossary list or definition tags history? The reason I ask is
> that in Homesite 4.0 I had never used the wizard that creates it
> before until today, but when I run its own validator over the code it
> just produced, it had about a million errors. What replaces it in a
> 4.0 or 4.01 transitional doc type? Or is it just the list tags? Looked
> like a great wizard until... Thanks, Dave

i'd suggest you validate your page at the w3c validator...
http://validator.w3.org/

you can upload files if they're not posted anywhere so you don't have to worry
about hosting space or exposing the files to the world...

also, if you have questions about what elements are legal and what aren't, just
peruse the specs at the W3c site:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/elements.html

the definition list is valid...  syntax and proper use can be found at:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/lists.html#edef-DL

this isn't supposed to be an RTFM post, but ultimately, if you fall back to the
W3c site for validation and code references, you'll be pretty well set...