[thelist] does anybody make any money with e-commerce?

Fortune Elkins fortune_elkins at summithq.com
Mon Mar 18 14:07:00 CST 2002

hiya a!

>  >> I'm wondering, can we now finally admit that e-commerce doesn't
> work for > small businesses? << >
>  Why admit something that's not true?

amusing story: i know a canadian guy who has a consumer site for coffee
stuff. it's not an e-commerce site at all; all it does is offer free product
reviews, written by normal people, and some articles of interest to coffee
freaks. http://www.coffeegeek.com

however, the site is so compelling and looks so much like it *ought* to be
an e-commerce site, people email him with orders! they *want* to buy from
him, even tho' he ain't selling nuthin'! can you believe it??

this leads me to believe that if you're not making money on the net with
your e-commerce site, you don't have the right content and/or lack an
engaging design. because people are begging this guy to sell them stuff
online! <grin>

funny, hmm??

have fun,