[thelist] does anybody make any money with e-commerce?

Meredith Tupper meredith at pintsize.com
Mon Mar 18 14:38:00 CST 2002

aardvark wrote:

> i somehow missed this thread, too...
>
> i've personally built a bunch of sites where the e-commerce portion
> was so successful it supplanted all mail, fax, and phone orders...

+1 on this; I missed the thread and I definitely agree that small
business e-commerce is our bread and butter.  I have found that adding
e-commerce to a site can be the most tangible measure of its value for
the site owner, even the CCNow/PayPal/Cafe Press people.  This is not to
say that everyone who puts a Cafe Press shirt on their site will make
lots of money; obviously there's a lot riding on the product and
marketing, but I can recall a few creative uses of e-commerce, like the
Fightin' Whities t-shirt: http://www.cafepress.com/fightinwhite/.

Meredith

<tip type='feminist'> Great list for women who want to learn about linux
in a testosterone-free environment: