[thelist] FLASH: Stop and Start a Movie

bread_man bread_man at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 19 09:42:00 CST 2002

Hi Casey,

I'm not sure if this solution has been presented to your or not:

Create a button and put it on the stage.  Either make it invisible and place
it in the viewable area, or a better alternative is to put that button way
off the viewable area (When you export the movie, it won't be seen).  This
button should be on its own layer and should span the entire movie.

Then use the actions control panel to assign the following code to the
button:

on (keyPress "<Space>") {
    play ();
}

Pressing the Space key will resume the movie if you have stopped it at a
point with a Stop action.  You can substitute different keys if you wish -
Just change it in the event selection when selecting the action.

Hope this helps.

bread_man

"Ein halber Laib ist besser als gar kein Brot."