[thelist] Centering in IE6?

s t e f stef at nota-bene.org
Tue Mar 19 11:48:01 CST 2002

[[ Mark Howells -- 18:21 19/03/02 +0100 ]]
> > While we're at it, I read that according to the specs the hack table
> > height=100% doesn't work anymore in modern browsers. How would any of you
> > vertically center some content using CSS?
>
>It can't be done reliably. Sorry, but there is no way to do it without some
>massively complex (and unreliable) Javascript hacking.
>
>Time to rethink those layouts! This is the web, not print.

I'm not saying differently Mark.
My boss does, vehement though I am.

The French culture tends to have a book approach. thus the first page is
the cover. I work on an intranet where people have such a little computer
culture that they still don't say "When I close a window" but "When I click
on the little cross in the top-right corner". And I'm not inventing this one.

On evolt there's been several articles on how to write URLs that will be
registered in search engines but none that I can remember on how to do that
in PHP on Apache -- I was going to write a tip but I think I can contribute
an article, what do you people think?