[thelist] Centering in IE6?

Mark Howells mark at mountain.ch
Tue Mar 19 12:02:01 CST 2002

>> Time to rethink those layouts! This is the web, not print.
>
> I'm not saying differently Mark.
> My boss does, vehement though I am.
> The French culture tends to have a book approach. thus the first page is
> the cover.
> I work on an intranet where people have such a little computer
> culture that they still don't say "When I close a window" but "When I click
> on the little cross in the top-right corner". And I'm not inventing this one.

If they have little or no computer culture, why are they arrogant enough to
think that they know more than experts who spend their whole lives studying
web interface design? If they spent any time at all learning from recognized
experts in our field, appreciating the massive range and variety of web
browsing audience, they'd change their mind pretty quickly.

Sorry, but that's a pet peeve of mine.

Regards
Mark Howells
<http://www.mark.ac/evl/>