[thelist] CNN Pay to use?

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Tue Mar 19 13:13:01 CST 2002

> I would GLADLY pay CNN to have it.
>
> I pay $0.16 per day for access to the Wall Street Journal.
>
> So, in comparison, I'd be glad to pay $0.01 per day for access to CNN.

So, now I have to pay my cable TV bill (which goes in part to CNN already,
but for their TV production), I have to pay for my cable net access (which
goes to time-warner, the same people who provide the cable TV service, and
cnn probably gets none of it), and now I'll have to pay yet again to get
into the CNN website?

I realize everyone needs to get paid somehow, but there are so many things
wrong with this revenue model (and the current cable/net/TV/radio/media
model in general) that I can't even begin to think about it right now. Oy!

BH