[thelist] CNN Pay to use?

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Tue Mar 19 14:58:01 CST 2002

> Ummmmm. Bill, CableTV *does* work that way. You get a batch of basic
> channels, but if you want Showitme, oh, that's something you have to pay
> extra for. You want HBO, too? Fork it over. Starz? Keep the green coming.

Okay, you win - point taken. I'm one of those guys who doesn't pay for any
of that stuff. I just keep the 70 some (or whatever) channels that come with
my basic bill, so I occasionally forget about the other stuff.

However, key point...I get CNN (and in fact many news sources) with that
package. The stuff you'd pay extra for is mostly in the entertainment
category, isn't it?

So how does that compare to the net? Or does it?