[thelist] Centering in IE6?

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Mar 21 02:02:11 CST 2002

At 7:32 AM +0000 3/21/02, david lloyd parker wrote:
>I read this thread with interest, as I've been trying to effect a solid
>colour margin on the left of a non-framed page that always fits the height,
>whatever the window size, and without displaying a scroll bar. I came up
>with the following, which works reasonably well across browsers
>
>[...] The code needless to say sits inside a TD.

If you're simply trying to get that effect, wouldn't be easier/better
to vertically tile a background image and put a spacer gif in that td
which is the same width as you want the vertical bar to be? That
would work in any browser that understood tables.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/