[thelist] Receving HTML email

Michael Galvin mgalvin at sourcevisualthinking.ie
Thu Mar 21 04:39:01 CST 2002

Disregarding for the moment the fact that most people don't like
HTML-formatted email, what is actually stopping a company from sending out
an HTML email to a select bunch of people?  I assume there are some email
apps that just can't read HTML (pine?) and those that can have the option to
turn it off (although, for the life of me, I can't find such an option in
OE).

If this is the case, is there any 'official' figures on what email apps are
being used out there?  I'm just trying to get a general idea of how many
people will be unable to see the HTML version if it's sent out.  Most of my
client's customers are accounting contractors and consultants so they would
probably be fairly net savvy, but not overly so.

Is there anything else I should be concerned about?  Sorry if this old
ground being retread.

--
Michael Galvin
source visual thinking