[thelist] Database wise, how to create groups..

Alliax damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 21 05:52:01 CST 2002

Hello,
I'd like to take advices from the db gurus out there..
I have a table for people:
person { personID, name, sex, birthday }

I'd like to create groups of persons, a person can be in none, one OR
several groups.

What is the best option database wise ? knowing that I would then need to
use this group concept to display web pages.

Here's what I thought:
create a table for groups:
group { groupID, listofpersons }
where listofpersons is of type varchar(255) and a typical entry would look
like:
"2,4,7,11"

where each number relate to a personID

Longing for approvation or suggestion, byebye.

Cordialement,
    / )    /  Damien Cola                   /\
   / /    /  http://www.Alliax.info/CV.php / /
 _( (_   /_ http://www.ToulonParadise.com / /
 \       /  photo : http://RFaucilhon.com
  \    _/  lingo : http://LingoParadise.com