[thelist] JS: Preload images problem

Hardacker, Andrew Andrew.Hardacker at Compuware.com
Thu Mar 21 15:52:01 CST 2002

<snip>
Any idea why NN6.2 loads images so slowly with the script below?  Seems as
though it is not preloading at all. (Seems fine with IE5.5)
http://www.huntacpa.com/
</snip>

Tyme, actually, I didn't notice any delay at all in Netscape6.2, either
before or after clearing browser cache. With this small number of images,
you could try the brute force approach and just code four pairs of new
Image/src statements, eliminating the loop and the evaluation of
arguments.length.

Very nice pictures. But I have to admit that at first I thought I was
looking at a site for a beach resort in Pennsylvania.

Andy
http://hardacker.com/

and then destroy it.