[thelist] navigation through form posting

michael ensor edc at wnc.quik.co.nz
Sun Mar 24 15:09:00 CST 2002

Gleaned from net statistics for February 2002:

Browsers with out javascript enabled 12%
Browsers without java enabled 13%

Many Windows users who disable ActiveX controls as a security measure also
by doing this ( unknowingly?) disable javascript.

I also have seen some stats which suggest that as many as 18% of users have
javascript disabled, it appears to depend on geographic location.

Moral : Don't use javascript for critical functions