[thelist] targeting effectively (was: navigation through form posting)

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun Mar 24 17:12:00 CST 2002

On Mar 24, Matt Liotta had something to say about Re: [thelist] targeting...

>The is right on the money. While it is certainly possible to develop sites
>that cater to everyone, it is a waste of money. It simple costs more to make
>a site accessible every different browser. If the market research says 90%
>of my users have browsers that support my site than I am doing fine. It
>would probably cost me more money than I would make to try and get my site
>to support the other 10%. This is what is known as the law of diminishing
>returns.

I highly doubt it.

You can dig into that remaining 10% simply by coding valid html and
writing JS that tests methods before executing them.

Seriously, it's not that hard... and *definitely* not as hard as you're
making it seem.

thanks,

--
mattwarden