[thelist] The Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Act

CDitty mail at redhotsweeps.com
Sun Mar 24 23:22:01 CST 2002

Thanks for the information.  Please correct me if I am wrong but is this
going to affect us web script programmers too?  From what I gathered from
my quick glance, is that is primarily is geared for compiled programs but
not to php/cold fusion/perl/asp (& whatever else  I missed) type
programs.   From what else I read, I understand that we will not be able to
upgrade our Linux servers with newer kernels if they come from outside the
US or even release any program/script via GPL.

Someone please correct me.  I simply can't see the JAs (another word for
donkey) in DC passing this and telling me what I can and can't write and/or
release in out society.

CDitty

ps....I will give this a more detailed read in the am.