[thelist] targeting effectively (was: navigation through form

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Mon Mar 25 08:38:00 CST 2002

Hi Megan,

Just a quick note to ask about this presumed correlation between
disposable income and using the 'newest, best, and brightest'.

I think it's a very common assumption. (... and if you've got the
research to back it up, I'd love to see it.)  But I really don't think
it's true.

RonL.

(Who did the research, (okay - it was xxxxx years ago), for telephony
products and found exactly the opposite -- the newfangled features and
latest toys had MUCH higher adoption and penetration in poor urban
'inner city' areas than in affluent neighborhoods. It was a big surprise
to the product managers at the time - but it also happened to be true.)