[thelist] check for existence of window by name?

AtdtXav atdtxav at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 25 10:52:01 CST 2002

What I'm trying to figure out is whether something like 'if
window.name == QT' will work... only problem is I think that
only refers to the current window, and I just want to know if it
is open at all.

Here's what will happen in more practical wording -

if the window isn't open, I'll do the usual window.open.  if it
IS, I'll use quicktime to change a child-quicktime inside the
window, -without- refreshing the page.  To do this I have to
test for the presence of the window by name, and I'm having
trouble determining the syntax

Thanks for your reply,
Scott Kennedy