[thelist] is the web-safe palete dead?

Paul Backhouse paul.backhouse at 2cs.com
Tue Mar 26 04:27:00 CST 2002

Hmmm...its an interesting topic which I've had many a conversation with our
designers about.
They believe that you can do non-websafe colors on web designs. I sort of
feel the same - but I prefer doing them in websafe colours.
But if you test non-safe web colors in 256 colors it doesn't look that bad -
you can get away with it in some circumstances.

I read somewhere that the websafe color range is due to be extended - buti
wouldn't hold any hopes too high, its unlikely this will happen for a while
yet.

cheers

paul