[thelist] Moral : Don't use javascript for critical functions

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Tue Mar 26 15:42:01 CST 2002

Madhu Menon wrote:

> And if you're running IE or NS, you can use several pop-up stopper programs
> available freely.
>
> Here's one that I use called, imaginatively, Pop-Up Stopper ;)
> http://www.panicware.com/product_dpps.htm

Keep in mind, when using Pop-Up Stopper or PopUpKiller or similar
programs, that many Windows applications are becoming more and more
dependent upon various web and scripting technologies. These useful
functions can be inadvertently interrupted by programs that are designed
with the best intentions.

I have recently done tech support for a large sofware company that
released a major consumer application with this exact issue. No fun.

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net