[thelist] targeting effectively

Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com
Tue Mar 26 22:18:56 CST 2002

>>Does anyone ever bother for two seconds to think about how others might
use
>>what you create?
>
>Not in the least - in fact I don't even consider it for a single second.
>Would you ask this question to a sculptor? Illustrator? Auto designer?

I know, this thread is already too long. But I just wanted to point out
that Illustrators and Auto designers *are* asked this question many times
on every single project. Having no experience in the sculpting bit, I can't
answer for that, but I suspect utilitarian concerns are farther down the
scale with them than Illustrators, who are, after all, illustrating
something and therefore must give some thought to the end user. I work in
the auto industry, and I can tell you there's a name for auto designers who
don't pay attention to whether real actual people can use their product.
It's "Defendant."

The only bills "Ars Gratia Artis" pays are MGM's

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

Arlen.P.Walker at JCI.Com