[thelist] MySQL Permissions Going In Circles

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Wed Mar 27 10:01:01 CST 2002

Morning gurus,

Seems I have hosed the MySQL login. I inserted a new user in the user table
with no password (because that was going to be set later. I then reload the
grant tables and suddenly I do not need a password to login. Nor can I
access any of the tables (because apparently MySQL thinks I am the new user,
even though I am logged into Linux as root). I am just short of
re-installing MySQL...but of course want to turn to the gurus first.

TIA!

Jay