[thelist] ASP Question - Parsing a string

Howard Cheng howcheng at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 27 12:39:01 CST 2002

I don't believe VBScript has a ToCharArray() function or anything like
that, so you will probably have to write your own. There's a Split()
function, but that requires a delimiter -- if you use an empty string, you
get a one-item array containing the original string.

At 01:16 PM 3/27/2002 -0500, Jim Williamson wrote:
>I'm new to ASP and could use some help.  I need to take a varibale (string)
>that contains 7 characters (for example: abcde01) and put it into an array
>(for example:  array index: 0  array content: a, array index: 1 array
>content: b etc.)  Does VBscript have a built in function that will
>accomplish or must I write my own function.

Howard Cheng
howcheng at ix.netcom.com
AIM: bennyphoebe
ICQ: 47319315